PETALING JAYA: Popular game Win With Words is back with two new sponsors – IJM Land and Naza Kia – and prizes worth more than RM480,000, including two cars.
The contest, organized by The Star, is held in conjunction with the Star Media Group’s 45th anniversary.
From Sept 5 to Oct 30, five letters of the alphabet allotted with a certain number of points each will be published daily in The Star.
Much like the board game Scrabble, participants must cut out and collect them from two English words to score points.
Read More Articles :
- The clipped pieces must be attached to original entry forms that will be made available in the newspaper.
- The more entry forms a participant sends in, the higher their points and the chance of winning.
- Win With Words is played in a four-part series, lasting two weeks each.
- The first prize winners from each part and six lucky participants will then participate in the Grand Finale Challenge hosted by venue partner 1Utama Shopping Centre on Nov 29.
At the pre-launch event on Aug 25, Star Media Group managing director and chief executive officer Datuk Seri Wong Chun Wai encouraged people to participate in the contest.
There are many prizes to be won, and “the more you take part, the better the chances of you winning,” he said.
“Readers can also test their English language skills,” he added.
IJM Land managing director Edward Chong Sin Kiat hoped the contest would help build communities, strengthen ties among family and friends, and between young and old.
“Young people are living at a time when gadgets dominate their lives,” he said.
“They no longer play physical board games.”
- Naza Corp group chief operating officer Datuk Samson Anand George said he “sees the contest as a noble effort to promote English.”
- “I saw great participation from the public during the last contest.
- “I think they should go for it now because the rewards are fantastic,” Samson said.
- In each part of the game, 45 participants will be selected as winners of The Star Anniversary Bonus Prize.
Participants who subscribe to The Star during the 10 roadshows nationwide, starting with Subang Parade on Sept 9 to 11, will receive 500 bonus points each for their tally.
Also, anyone subscribing to The Star bundle or ePaper during the contest period will stand a chance to win one of the five lucky subscriber prizes. Among these is a four-day/three-night holiday package to Krabi, Thailand, for two and a 40in Full HD flatscreen TV.
Win With Words kicks off on Monday, so don’t miss your copy of The Star.