One of the biggest milestones in your life is buying your first house. In addition to being a mark of independence, it is also probably the first big financial decision you make. But, with this decision comes a lot of responsibility. If you are already looking for a house or intend to in the near future, you’ve probably already realised that it is not the easiest job. There are several things to consider, pros and cons to weigh, and agreements to sign before you can finally say you have a home! One of the most important things you must get done before you buy a house, is a proper home inspection by a professional or company.
A home inspection will reveal to you any underlying problems that the seller is unaware of or trying to keep from you, therefore giving you room to bargain for the right price. But, it is not enough to simply call a home inspector and leave it to him to do the job. If you want proper work, you should follow the tips given below-
- Attend the home inspection- make sure that you are present with the inspector the whole time that the house is being inspected. This way, you will be able to ask any questions and have your doubts cleared on the spot. Additionally, you will be kept updated of proceedings as they are happening instead of only reading the final report. While this may take a few hours, it is essential
- No follow up- once the inspection is completed, you may find yourself with a house that needs a few repairs. Here, you will have to weigh the cost of it and if it is worth it. If yes, then go ahead and call the necessary service provider to get an estimate. Your inspector may also want to get a second opinion for what he has found and it will do you no harm to have a third opinion as well
- Do not take only the inspector’s word- if you have any doubt at all regarding the inspection done, you should call in additional professionals to clear your mind. One of the most common problems for which you may want to call in a different person is if you think the house has a termite problem. In this case, you should call in the concerned professionals who will be able to tell you for certain what the problem is
- Inspect new homes as well- while you may think that a newly constructed house is completely perfect, this is not the case. There could be structural deficiencies that you will want to know about before you buy it and move in
- Additional tests for older homes- if you are looking to buy a house that has already been lived in for several years, then a simple home inspection may not suffice. You will have to also check the electrical systems and drainage lines and this is done through additional tests.
There are several companies around you that do home inspections. However, it is important for you to find a reliable company. Crooker Hancox Home Inspections is one such company that guarantees customer satisfaction at affordable prices. In fact, if you aren’t happy with the services provided, you don’t have to pay! Click on http://crookerhancox.com/ to know more.